GBC offers 8 Grand Round sessions per academic year. These rounds consist of up to four 20 to 25-minute O&P educational sessions that can be attended in person or live-streamed through the GBC website media system.
Orthotic and Prosthetic Program students at GBC are required to formally present sessions on various O&P topics to develop and cultivate valuable presentation skills.
These sessions normally take place the first Tuesday of every month throughout the academic school year. Sessions are held in EG61 of the McLaughlin Educational Centre Lecture Theatre.
2016-2017 Academic Year Dates:
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016
- Presentation 1: Considerations & Review of Adjustable Lower Extremity Prosthetic Sockets
- Presentation 2: Cybathlon 2016: The Cyborg Olympics
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017
- Presentation 1: The World of Foot Orthotics
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Presentation 1: Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Presentation 1: Hi-Fi Socket Design
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Presentation 1: Don't Lend me a Hand
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017
- Presentation 1: Sci-Fi, Media, Technology, and Prosthetics: A Discourse
- Tuesday, November 5, 2017
- Presentation 1: Patient Mental Health: The psychology of Limb Loss
OPC offers MCE credits for members attending these sessions in person or via live-streaming who successfully complete and submit a quiz provided by the presenters of each Grand Round session. Further information can be found in the forms below.
OPC MCE Fillable Forms:
MCE Form - GBC Grand Rounds Quiz Submission Form (use form associated with Presentation)