Certified Prosthetist Sunnybrook Centre for Independent Living
The Sunnybrook Centre for Independent Living (SCIL) at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is currently looking for an energetic Regular Full Time OPC Certified Prosthetist to join our team to provide the highest level of patient care to a diverse and wide range of adult amputees.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Managing a clinical prosthetic caseload at SCIL and St. John’s Rehab, working closely with technicians and other members of the multidisciplinary clinic team (i.e. MD, OT, PT, Pedorthist, Orthotist, Funding and Clerical teams, etc.)
• Maintaining the highest competence to perform clinical assessment and patient management tasks.
• Establishing procedures for patient care that comply with accepted medical/legal requirements by maintaining current education in these areas.
• Participating towards the implementation of efficiencies in technical, clinical and support areas.
• Participating in the growth of the knowledge base of the prosthetic team by keeping up-to-date in areas of continuing education, new componentry, technical advancements and research in the field of prosthetics and related disciplines.Qualifications/Skills
• Certified with Orthotics Prosthetics Canada (OPC)• Graduate of recognized prosthetic program and certification with OPC.
• A minimum of two years related clinical experience preferred including experience with myoelectrics and current advancing technologies in upper and lower limb prosthetics.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem-solver
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, in one document, quoting file 191299 via Sunnybrook's Employment opportunities web page - www.sunnybrook.ca