Temporary Full Time (Till October 1, 2021)
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is seeking a Certified Prosthetist for our clinic at the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre in Regina, Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Health Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package, a unionized work environment, defined benefit pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and competitive wages. The current wage range for a Certified Prosthetist is $41.72 – $50.70/hr.
What is it really like to live, work and play in Saskatchewan? The short answer is, it’s awesome!
There are wide open spaces, employment and lifestyle opportunities for both you and your family and warm, friendly people who live in a number of different communities and cities, both rural and urban. With so much space and a diverse and growing population this means shorter commute times, which means more time to spend with your friends and family.
Saskatchewan’s low cost of living is also the envy of many other provinces. These benefits and opportunities – all combined – make Saskatchewan one of the best places in the world to live. We could go on and on about how great it is to live here, but don’t take our word for it. See for yourself.
This position reports to the senior Prosthetist and manager of the Orthotics Prosthetics Department. The certified Prosthetist is an integral member an interdisciplinary team who provide Prosthetic services by way of assessing, manufacturing and fitting Prosthetic appliances as prescribed by a physician. The certified Prosthetist provides education to inpatient and outpatient clients and team members related to Prosthetic devices, fit and usage. Certified Prosthetist works closely with the orthotic/prosthetic technicians and provide direction and supervision for technical aspects within the fabrication of orthotic/prosthetic device/appliances. Certified orthotists/ prosthetists participate in team conferences, clinic reviews as well as consultation with physicians, suppliers and funders as required. The certified Prosthetist ensures quality fabrication, adjustments and fit for optimal client satisfaction and outcomes. The certified Prosthetist works closely with technical and support staff (office and stockroom) to ensure smooth service delivery. Certified Prosthetists are involved in or may assume primary responsibility for orthotic/ prosthetic internships/residency as well as the training of new technical staff. The certified Prosthetist is responsible to complete assigned tasks within their professional scope as assigned by clinical senior and manager to ensure smooth, efficient delivery of orthotic/prosthetic services.
- Graduate of accredited orthotics prosthetics program, recognized by Orthotics Prosthetics Canada (OPC)
- Eligibility or Current Registration with OPC
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong clinical and technical skills in the assessment, fabrication and fit of prosthetic devices
- Communicate clearly with senior prosthetist and manager
- Respond professionally to any client, staff or public complaint
- Accountable for quality and timely management of assigned caseload
- Demonstrate sound judgement, critical thinking, time management and effective problem solving skills.
- Manages change effectively, demonstrates positive attitude and empowers /motivates others to do their best
- Professional manner and presentation in all interactions with coworkers, peers, clients and public
- Working knowledge of collective agreements, licensing regulations and bylaws and professional practice standards.
- Participates in program meetings and contribute in the review / revision or development of departmental policies and processes as requested
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by November 20, 2020 to:
Saskatchewan Health Authority
2180 23rd Avenue
Regina, SK S4S 0A5
Fax: (306) 766-5147