About Certifees – CO(c) or CP(c)
The CBCPO certification program operated by Orthotics Prosthetics Canada is recognized nationally and internationally for its adherence to the highest standards for the certification and registration of orthotic and prosthetic professionals.
6 E’s for Certification
For a person to become CBCPO certified through Orthotics Prosthetics Canada, and to maintain their certification, the following requirements and procedures must be met:
- Fluent in French and/or English.
- A citizen or a legal landed immigrant of Canada or an American Board for Certification (ABC) certified professional in good standing.
- B.Sc. degree required to apply to an OPC accredited Canadian Clinical Orthotic and Prosthetic School Program.
- Applicant must complete the two-year program at one of the OPC Accredited Clinical Orthotic and Prosthetic Schools.
- Foreign trained applicants must complete the OPC Entrance-to-Residency Examination if their education qualifications are deemed equivalent to the current standards.
- Candidates must complete a 3450-hour Residency in the appropriate discipline while employed in an appropriate orthotic or prosthetic facility under the supervision of an on-site certified professional.
- Residents must meet or exceed the standard on the Certification Written Examination in order to Pass.
- Residents must sucessfully complete the Certification Writen Examination before they are eligible to challenge the Certification Practical Examination.
- Residents must meet or exceed the standard on the Certification Practical Examinations to obtain certification.
- All candidates and certified professionals, are expected to conduct themselves within the OPC Canons of Ethical Conduct. Breaches are investigated by the Professional Practice Committee.
Education – Continuing
- Certified professionals are required to obtain a minimum of 30 mandatory continuing education credits (MCEs) every five years to maintain good standing or risk losing certification.
Click here to obtain more information regarding the Residency Program.
OPC National Office:
Orthotics Prosthetics Canada
202 – 300 March Road
Ottawa ON K2K 2E2
Copyright © 2017, Orthotics Prosthetics Canada (OPC). All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Ignite Web Solutions