Job Title: Registered and/or Prosthetic Technician
Department: Technical Fabrication (iFab)
Position: Permanent FT Position
Location: Burlington, Ontario CANADA
Ottobock Health Care Canada Ltd is a leading global supplier of Prosthetic and Orthotic products for people with disabilities. Our vision is to help people maintain and regain their freedom of movement.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic technician to join our dynamic iFab Technical Team in Burlington, Ontario for a permanent full-time position. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to further grow professionally in Silicone Restorations and Custom Fabrication.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with a variety of traditional and innovative materials such as Prepreg and silicone to provide creative solutions for our diverse clientele. This candidate should also be eager to be trained on Ottobock methods and fabrication techniques.
In this role, the successful candidate will be part of an engaged team and be involved in developing future technologies for Prosthetic & Orthotic fabrication with an opportunity to interact with Practitioners, Clients, and Customers spanning North America. The successful candidate will be involved in fabricating both upper and lower extremity devices including:
- Prepreg AFOs and KAFOs that utilize Electronic Stance Control
- Socket technologies involving Computer Assisted Machining, prepreg and silicone
- Functional and aesthetic silicone restorations
Ideal candidate will have:
- OPC Technical Registration in Prosthetics and/or Orthotics (or currently qualify for the Internship program)
- Diploma from an accredited technical program
- Two years of industry work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office
- A high level of attention to fine detail and color theory
- Bilingual in English and French and asset
Interested candidates can submit their resume directly to [email protected]. Please indicate Orthotic and/or Prosthetic Technician in the subject line.
Ottobock Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, Ottobock Health Care will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants through the recruitment process.