Competition # : 2023-86-PFR-60
Position: Registered Technician in Prosthetics (RTP) or a Prosthetics Technician in Training - Provincial Services (One position)
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Closing Date: July 19, 2023
SaskAbilities provides professional Orthopaedic services to thousands of Saskatchewan children, youth and adults experiencing disability. At SaskAbilities, we treat people with respect, honesty, and compassion, and we value teamwork, excellence, and innovation. The successful candidate will join a team of four certified Prosthetists and one Registered Technician.
Known for its beautiful river and sandy shoreline, Saskatchewan enjoys an active arts scene with several music and cultural festivals throughout the year. There is a vibrant culinary community with access to some of the highest rated restaurants in Canada and residents enjoy a range of charming cafes and breweries. The low cost of living and accessible housing market makes the city an appealing alternative to larger centers.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Prosthetic Coordinator and working under the direction of the department clinical staff, the incumber will assist in the fabrication, adjustment, and repair of prosthetic devices to meet client needs.
- Fabricating, modifying, and repairing prostheses
- Following specific instructions of clinical staff and prescription requirements
- Developing knowledge of procedures, inventory components, supplies, and materials used in the fabrication process
- Safely and competently operating equipment such as grinders, saws, drills, etc.
- Supporting production goals to ensure timely client service
- Assisting with appropriate client file and department statistical, inventory and caseload documentation
- Performing other related duties as required
- Registered Prosthetic Technician or completion of a two-year post-secondary Orthotics/Prosthetics Technician course from an accredited educational facility
- Candidates without prosthetic technician education who display the appropriate level of experience and skills, and are committed to challenging national exams, will also be considered
- Minimum Grade 12 with university entrance requirements (maths, sciences)
- Operation of power and hand tools including band saws, grinders, drills, sewing machines, etc.
- Excellent hand skills and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of tools and characteristics of materials used in a manufacturing processes, with the ability to fabricate a finished product following specific instructions
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search
Compensation: Range of $30.01 to $38.72 per hour depending on position (plus benefit package).
When applying, please include competition number 2023-86-PFR-60 and position title in the email subject line.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Carrie McComber, Director of Rehabilitation Services
SaskAbilities, Orthopaedics Department
2310 Louise Avenue, Saskatoon SK S7J 2C7
Phone: (306) 385-7204 Fax: (306) 373-2665
For position-specific questions, please contact the above. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SaskAbilities is an inclusive organization welcoming individuals of all abilities. We believe in workplace diversity and we do not discriminate in our employee selection. Race, colour, disability, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation does not play a role in our hiring decisions.