Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Supervisor of Pedorthic, you will assist in daily operations of the Pedorthic Department (Foot Orthotics and Custom Footwear Service). Responsibilities include both clinical and technical support, customer service and administrative support. In addition, provide support to the Certified Pedorthists and other allied health professionals, and participate fully in the continuing Pedorthic education process.
- Certified Pedorthic Technician or equivalent experience.
- Possess solid knowledge of foot and lower leg biomechanics and related pathologies
- Minimum Five years related experience and extensive experience in custom made orthopaedic shoe manufacturing and custom foot orthotic fabrication.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in footwear modifications and finishing.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with common tools (i.e. skiving knives, bandsaw, vice, grinder, pliers, etc.).
- Solve technical problems and liaise with supervisor, patients, technical, clinical and support staff.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must provide administrative support (i.e. Inventory, ordering, phones, etc.).
- Must be able to work efficiently both in a team and individual environment.
- Must participate in professional development and continuing education.
- Knowledge of computer-aided design and additive manufacturing is an asset.
Please click here to apply to the position.