Are you looking for a company that strives to exceed patient expectations and make use of field-related advancements? Are you looking for a position that will make a difference every day by improving the lives of patients in Kingston and the surrounding area? Are you seeking to join an inclusive and diverse team? You have come to the right place!
V2innovations is an Orthotic and Prosthetic (O&P) office with two locations in Kingston, Ontario, serving patients from a large area that extends from Quinte to Prescott, and up to Perth, Carleton Place, and Kemptville! We provide monthly solutions for patients in need of bracing or prostheses secondary to a medical condition, sports bracing, foot orthotics, orthopaedic shoes, compression gear, as well as pet orthotics and prosthetics. We work closely with local hospitals, military bases, pet rescues, home health care organizations, and other medical professionals which provides an exciting environment and the opportunity to work on various interesting projects.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Technician, or a non-registered technician with 5 years experience in O&P, to join our amazing team as a Technical Manager. Your role would include assisting with manufacturing of devices as per clinician specs, material inventory management and equipment upkeep, and seeing patients regarding repairs to devices. You would be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities, ensuring prompt device completion in the workspace, managing placement/summer students, as well as training new technical hires.
Qualities that would be an asset include:
- Attention to Detail: executing work with consistent quality, exceeding patient expectations
- Organization: recognizing steps and acquiring materials needed for each project to ensure they are completed on time
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: working with patients and within the team to remove barriers that would impact deliverables, as well as find solutions and optimizations for work flow
- Passion: wanting to stay on top of latest field practices for manufacturing, new equipment and materials, and device customization options to ensure our patients have the best we can offer
- Creativity: willingness to work with clinicians and design out-of-the-box devices for unique solutions
- O&P Technical Program OR high school diploma and minimum 5 years experience in O&P field
- Working in a team setting, with independent and cooperative tasks
- An interest in direct patient care would be an advantage, and professional orthotic fitter courses are available
- 40 hours per week (no evenings, weekends, or holidays)
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits, including injury and life insurance
- Continuing education opportunities
At V2innovations, we value diversity in our team, and seek to hire individuals with various characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We believe that a strong team makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability. We care about work-life balance, and that each individual's needs are unique and personal. We encourage applications from anyone who is interested in joining an energetic and diverse team, willing to showcase their skills and passion in the O&P field to improve the mobility and lives of our patients.
For more information, please click here to visit our website, or submit your resume to our office manager at [email protected].