Banff Sport Medicine Group Inc. (“BSM”) is accepting a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) from Prosthetics & Orthotics Companies to run an Orthotics Clinic at the BSM multidisciplinary clinic located at the Shops of Canmore 213, 300 Old Canmore Road. We invite you or your Company to submit a proposal by March 11 2022, for consideration. A description of our organization, the services needed, and other pertinent information follows:
Description of Organization
BSM is a team of health care professionals that provide world-class care in sport-related musculoskeletal trauma and reconstructive surgery. The team will be composed of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Sport Medicine Physicians, Physiotherapists, Orthotists, Athletic Therapists, as well as research and administrative staff. The goals of BSM are to provide excellent and timely care to our patients using a multidisciplinary approach. BSM has been in operation for over 25 years, and our surgeons and physicians assess over 3,500 new patients and complete over 1,500 elective shoulder and knee surgeries annually.
BSM fosters an interactive, dynamic environment that strives for excellence in three pillars: clinical care, research, and education. BSM is a teaching facility that provides education to Orthopedic Surgery Fellows and residents as well as medical and allied health students, working collaboratively with our entire team. BSM also has a highly-regarded research program with an emphasis on conducting studies to improve outcomes of sport medicine and orthopedic conditions.
Orthotics plays a vital role in the care of our patients and we want it to be an integral part of the clinic. We envision a seamless care stream for the patients of BSM, where all their needs can be met in one place with a synergistic group of practitioners. Our vision includes but is not limited to; custom bracing, off the shelf bracing and appropriate products for musculoskeletal injury and care.
Services to Be Performed
The RFP is expected to cover the following:
- Details of what you or your company can provide/accomplish in collaboration with BSM.
- Space/facility requirements (i.e. square footage, office and IT requirements and ideal hours of operations/days per week).
- Proposed compensation methodology (i.e. rent based on $/sq/foot, % of sales, or other).
- Provide resources and/or training opportunities with regard to new innovation in Prosthetics and Orthotics as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Participation in the education and research activities of the Banff Sport Medicine Foundation.
Please submit the following information:
- Discuss you or your Company's history, mission, vision and values.
- Discuss commitments you will make to optimize, including your staff turnover in the last three years.
- Identify the partner, manager, and/or the lead service provider who will be assigned to BSM, if you are successful in your bid, and provide biographies where applicable.
- Describe how your Company will approach service and sales delivery, including the use of any association or affiliate member personnel.
- Describe how you will collaborate on training and industry standards on an ongoing basis.
- Describe your experience in education and research, strengths and weaknesses in both
Evaluation of Proposals
BSM will evaluate proposals on a quantitative and qualitative basis. This includes our review of the submitted documents and related materials, interviews with personnel from your organization, results of discussions with other clients, and the completeness and timeliness in your response to us. Final candidates will meet with the Selection Committee.
We would also appreciate a response if you decline to submit a proposal. Thank you for your interest in working with BSM.
Please direct all questions and complete proposals to Tyler Rice at [email protected] Sincerely,
Tyler Rice, on behalf of of Banff Sport Medicine Group